My Inspiration – Jagdish Nandan Shrivastav

My Inspiration Jagdish Nandan Shrivastav

This is in the memory of the most ideal, loving and charming person of this world. He is not an celebrity, not an noble price winner, not the one with tremendous fan following but a man with dreams, a men with hope, a men who did all the right things one supposed to do in their life. People like him are not just an person but indeed they carry a greater part of the almighty within their soul. They came in our life to show us the most beautiful way to live our life and when they left us, they left memories in our hearts which are never ever replaceable.

I have no Idea when I met this person but I am sentient of his love from the day he have seen me for the very first time. I am his daughter’s child. I am the boy who loved to sat with him in my childhood except going out and play with others. I still remember the days of my unforgettable childhood when I used to go at his place with a wide smile and immense love in my heart. He always used to welcome me with a great smile in his face and used to ask about everything in my life. He was always so curious about the life I live, the people I hang out with, the places I visit. We share a bond of friendship more than the unbreakable relationship I have with him. When me and my sister used to visit his place in our summer vacation, he used  to wake us early and took to the park with him where he used to mingle with the buddies of his age and we used to play around with our little treasures of badminton,football,cricket and much more. Later he Used to buys chocolates and candies for us which were far more preferable than having dinner in barista at that time. I was never been that much indulged into the sports which is also a major  reason of sticking up at the home in the evening with him. I guess he understands me that is why he always used to finish his pooja early in the evening and sat with me so that I don’t feel bored. He used to share all his secrets with me. He told me how he used to bunks classes in the school and watch movies in partition just to avoid getting caught in home.  We also used to share the same amount of hatred for the maths, he even told me how he took three years to pass the 8 Th standard and then got a direct admission in the 11th standard with the aid of a generous man. He used to say “maths is an confusing subject son but am sure that you can learn it. As it is also one of the most imperative things to know in life”. I never got these words as I didn't choose maths in my later academic career. Maybe he was indicating me about the association of maths with the money which we use in our daily life.

He was a not a man with a dream of building a great mansion or creating a great fortune for which people remember him for but he was a ultimate fan of learning new things, about new places, beautiful art works and lots more. It is not wrong to say that he was an utter Epistemophile(Someone who loves to learn with a zeal to try new things). He always used to tell me about the stories of the places that he have lived in, about the people, love about the love he have from them.
 He always encourages me to take new steps in life, to try once more, to never give up no matter
what. He himself was a great instance of it. When he came in Delhi for the very first time, he was completely oblivious about everything related to it just like a new born baby who is oblivious about the world. Still he roamed and searched Delhi creates a home out of nowhere, got a government job and embarked a beautiful life with three great children.
I always used to say him that “Nana, one day I want to take you out on dinner. Get a car of my own, not the one belonged to my family members, but my own and spend a beautiful time with you.”

He was aware of my secrets of what I wanted from life. He knows that that I love to write even though I was not proficient in it. Still He always used to make me smile by saying that " You are my writer. See son.It’s perfect, There are some little flaws but don’t be afraid of them because flaws only arise when you do something. I am sure, you will be a great writer, kid and when you are a writer Na, I will be very proud then.” His munificent words always used to calm my heart and make me smile. He does have a special place for me inside his heart in spite of this fact that he loved my Cousin, his first grandson very much.

He retired from the post of gazette officer of the government of India. And used to stay a bit ill in his last days. I was also occupied with the courses I was engaged in for the building a great career.may be, It was the time when the generation gap was stretching us away from each other. But he always used to call and show his lovely anger whilst saying “You don’t miss me, son.  I like talking to you.  Visit me sometime.”  I used to visit him sometimes when I got free time from my classes. But I met with an accident in the year of his demise which has completely reduced my visits at his place. Later, he was admitted in the hospital in this diwali where doctors gave a declaration that he will leave the body by tomorrow. And same thing happened. He leaved all of us on the day of  23-10-2014.

His name was also followed by a name of lord Vishnu i.e. Jagdish. For world he is known as Jagdish Nandan Shrivastava. He was not a billionaire but he was a brother, a son, a husband, a friend, a father, a grandfather and a very nice human being which are extremely hard to glean in this hectic and mean world. I don't remember any instance when I have heard about any fight he had with someone and I really don't think that he ever used any harsh words for others. Unless he always use to say to portray love for others.No matter what they do. I never met with Gandhi But I am sure he is better than him.

Today is his birthday. 17-3-2015.The day when he born in this world and give my entire family member a way to come. I don’t know which kind of people are good but I do know that if someone talks about the kindness, love and ideal nature in a person, He comes at the first position. You never left us, Nana.  You will always live within us.

Happy Birthday Nana! I Love You! 


Comments

Popular Posts